Will it be painful?
- There is a common myth or misconception that Rolfing® SI is painful. This is not the case at Body in Harmony. The comfort of the client is respected and top priority. If there is discomfort with the level of pressure that indicates that there may by chronic tension stored in those tissues. When this happens and deeper work isn’t appropriate then adjustments will be made to ensure the level of depth is comfortable.
How does Rolfing® SI differ from Massage?
- First and foremost the goals of the work differ as well as the way the person and their body is approached.
- Massage is a type of bodywork that creates relaxation in the body, increased circulation and where the client is worked on. It is a very important type of bodywork that takes into consideration where the person is currently and helps them relax.
- Structural Integration practitioners look through a “lense” that asks what does the person need to be more balanced, organized and comfortable in their body. The Rolfer™ and client work together in order to create change in the structure like alignment, range of motion, and find a place of higher function.
What is the Ten Series?
- The ten series is basically one session broken down into ten. Each session has its own focus but the same overall goal. The first three sessions work with the out layers of the body. Sessions 4-7 work with the core of the body. Sessions 8-10 bring the work together to integrate the body. For a more detailed explanations click here! Ten Series
Do I have to do a ten series?
- No the ten series is not the only format because as a wise man once said “the ten series works on what is the same in people.” Once we see what you have going on then we can evaluate and decide if the ten series is right for you. If not, then we can do an abbreviated series or just take it session by session to see what your needs are. The ten series is going to be the best option for most people when they are starting out with Rolfing® Structural Integration.
What to expect between sessions?
- After your session you will feel that things have shifted and at first it may cause you to be a bit sore almost as if you have just workouted. Next most people feel a sense of awareness and ease of movement.
What forms of Payment do you accept?
- I accept cash, credit, and checks.
Lauren Harmon Certified Rolfer™
Certified Equine Structural Integration Practitioner
Rolfing ® Structural Integration Longmont and Fort Collins Colorado